Thursday, May 17, 2007

All packed and ready to go

We've said the final goodbyes today and now we're all packed and ready to go. The taxi is booked for 9am tomorrow to take us to the station - us and our 7 cases. That's going to be fun and games tomorrow getting to Heathrow. I thought it would be fun (for Lauren) to get the train instead of getting a hire car down to Heathrow. That's a decision I'm sure I'll regret tomorrow. Us and our 7 cases will be getting a taxi to Retford train station, then the train to Kings Cross, another taxi across to Paddington, and then the Heathrow Express to the airport. I suppose we could have made it even more of an adventure and decided to get the tube to Heathrow but I'm not that much of a sucker for punishment!

I'm not sure how I feel. I should be excited about our first trip to LA tomorrow and then on to Oz to start our new life, but at the moment I just feel a bit numb - the last few days have been a whirlwind.

Rach is sat on the settee still sobbing after just saying goodbye to her family. They came over to spend an hour with us. It was purposefully short - neither Rach or her Mum could have stood it any longer, it was heartbreaking.

I'm glad we're doing this now while Lauren is only 5 and she doesn't really understand the enormity of what we're doing.

So that's it. Nothing left to say except Farewell England.

No comments: